4.20.2012

Trends come and go, and then come back again

I keep hearing that hair bows are in. I was the kid who wore bows, everyday.  Not just school picture day, everyday. When I was in KC a few weeks ago my dad brought up a plastic bin from the basement asking me if I wanted anything in it.  I opened it and bows, headbands and scrunchies exploded after being stuffed in there for approximately 18 years. I found a good article and pictures how adults can pull off wear hair bows.  I am not against the trend as a former bow wearer. But as with most trends, this isn't for everyone, including those approaching 30 like myself.  But ask me in 6 months, you never know.

Quick article about the modern bow
I also couldn't help but share some of my favorite bows from the bin. Self-pics do nothing for me but these were worth sacrificing. I don't think the bows will have problems taking the attention off my face. 
Mary Engelbreit anyone?
I wore this one in many soccer pictures, when my head was 1/2 the size.
NEON
Candy Corn and Balloons. Candy Corn lasts 20 years, something is wrong with that.


 

3 comments:

  1. Have Mercy!!!! I had about 1,000 but luckily they have disappeared!! These are amazing though! Bring em'back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill- I remember each of those!! This is too funny :-)

    ReplyDelete