6.04.2011

countdown to colorado

Rob and I are moving to Colorado one month from today!  I'm feeling scared, excited, anxious...the typical feelings with making a major change in your life.  We have found a townhouse to live in just outside of downtown Colorado Springs (we weren't quite ready for suburbia aka taking care of a yard) but definitely needed more space (hint, please come visit we have plenty of room).

There is no doubt in my mind that I will miss Kansas City and Missouri in general and lately I have been finding myself realizing "this will be the last time I go here or do this" for a long time, which makes me sad.  So, for the next 30 days I will make a list of 30 things I will miss about our current life here in KC. No specific order.  Starting today....

1. Baby Cakes Cupcakes
With flavors such as pumpkin, red velvet, lemon, chocolate, pineapple, etc. you can't go wrong.  Not to mention the butter cream icing. My favorite times that included Baby Cakes are celebrating my dad's birthday last year, avoiding  going back to work and stopping by to get a sugar high, and trying all the flavors at the Gilstrap wedding (I usually don't even try the cake because I prefer the wine).

http://www.babycakeskc.com/Images/2009/cupcakes/3sizes.jpg
http://www.babycakeskc.com/cupcakes.html 

Side note, Rob is currently trying to convince me that Tupac's "Dear Mama" is the song he wants to dance with his mother to on our wedding day.

1 comment:

  1. I saw something about this on Facebook.......Mo is going to miss you Jill!!!!! But I bet you're also excited about this new adventure! ONE MONTH!!! Doubt there will be time for a HH good-bye but if there is a day that would work, defintely let me know!

    ReplyDelete