8.31.2012

Should we call a locksmith?

Before I get too far into this post, everyone needs to know the song I am listening to right now in a cafe.  I can only imagine listening to it while reading this post will make it that much better: Barbara Streisand.  Before this, my best musical experience was a cab ride in Brussels listening to Ja Rule among other rappers from 2000 or earlier.  It was a great cab ride needless to say.

This week we moved into our house and within 48 hours managed to lock ourselves out.  We determined with the help of Rob's fellow dentist/neighbor (thank the lord) who is fluent in french that breaking our window and unlocking the door would be cheaper than calling a locksmith after 8 pm.  See disaster below.


And this is Rob chipping away at the rest of the glass out so can fix it. 

sunglasses to protect his eyes.  His hands are fine unprotected, he doesn't need them, right?
We also got good news that our stuff is being delivered 2 weeks earlier than expected.  Should be here on Tuesday! So excited to have our own items to sleep on, cook with, etc.  Other than that we have been busy making trips to Ikea (Rob walked away is a haze since it was his first time) and we bought a lawn mower as opposed to paying someone 120 Euro/month to mow our lawn 2 times.  We did that math over 3 years and almost threw up. 

This has been my bottle of wine for the week, aren't you proud it has lasted me a week? I am.  It was 5 Euro. Wine is quite cheap here and I think I mentioned earlier that we can get it duty free.  Tax is about 21% here so this helps, a lot! I enjoy drinking wine but I would be lying if I acted like I knew that much about it, but I have this feeling I will be learning quickly. I plan on buying an inexpensive bottle/week and documenting so I can remember if I liked it!  Based on the near empty bottle, this was very good and great to enjoy on our back porch! 

2005 Chatau De Hauterive Medoc
Heading back to Brussels on Saturday for the Brussels Beer Weekend 2012. Pics to come I am sure.  Instead of the flower carpet in the middle of the Grand Place, there will be beer vendors. Viola! 

I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day!  I can finally express my excitement that Rachelle and Jerry Dittmer are expecting their first baby in February! Just another little one that I get to fall in love with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment