1.18.2013

For the record, January is still the worst month, and probably always will be. It's freezing here. Mild winters my ___.  But, I must admit that January has been good to us. And when I say "us" I am actually referring to me in this post. Things are good for Rob too, but this post just happens to be about me. I know we are only half way through the month so I really hope I don't jinx it.

I made my list of resolutions in my new years post and I already have an update and have met some of my goals!
  • Been reading more. Finished Gone Girl by Gilllian Flynn in a week.  I loved it.  It took place in Carthage, MO for all of our Missouri people out there! 
  • I am the new SHAPE Women's High School Assistant Soccer Coach! It was a very competitive interviewing process....just kidding I got the "job" since I was the only one who volunteered.  That starts in March and goes to mid May. 
  • I went to the yoga class offered on base today, so much better than I expected.  I can't wait to go back.
  • Last but not least...drum roll....THIS GIRL GOT A JOB!!!  I just found out today!  I will be part of the SHAPE Trips and Tours group starting in April.  I will be planning and organizing trips throughout Europe, Asia and Africa for anyone stationed here.  Some are day trips and some are 10 day trips like India and Africa.  The next two weekends I will be going to Paris and London with my friend Julie who helped me get the job and start learning the ropes. So I may actually meet my travel goals a lot faster then I expected.  Rob will even be able to tag along too if he wants :)  I haven't broken the news to Duke yet, so keep it quiet until I find the right time. 
So now that I know that the spring is going to pick up and be pretty busy...I will enjoy the winter weather...under a blanket with hot cocoa in hand, and not even worry about it. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  Rob has a 4-day weekend starting tomorrow but we don't have set plans, except enjoy the winter weather....under a blanket with hot cocoa (and baileys) in hand, and not even worry about it. 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job, Jill! I miss you, but you're doing a wonderful job keeping us all posted on things. I love hearing about all your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jill, that is a w e s o m e. congrats, girl! i sure hope we can get across the big pond before you guys are done with these adventures! ps i've heard gone girl is good. noted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A job?!? Congrats! I am so happy for you! We seriously MUST skype asap! I am available this weekend. Let me know what day and give me a time! I will be sure to get on the iPad. It's been too long since I've heard your voice.

    ReplyDelete