2.10.2013

Paris

First day on the job: Paris.  No complaints here.  Six hours total on a coach bus + 7 hours to explore makes for a long day but it was awesome.  The only bad thing is I got the flu/bad cold on Monday and am just now feeling better. Some of the trips we plan have set itineraries but this one did not.  Although a majority of the group went to the Louvre since it is free on the first Sunday of each month.  My friend Julie and I explored some of the Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral (line was too long so just saw the outside) and Eiffel Tower.  And of course stopped to eat a fondue and wine lunch.  Amazingly, it didn't rain a drop all day.  I loved the short time I spent in Paris. From what I understand, I will be going there all the time with my job so I am looking forward to getting to know the city even better.  I was supposed to go to London yesterday but I was still not feeling well.  I am pretty bummed about it but it was for the better. I got to spend the day helping Rob get ready for his big road trip to Berlin, Cologne, Belgium and Amsterdam with two friends from high school. They will be in Cologne during Carnival which is one of the best German festivals of the year, I am pretty jealous. I am definitely looking forward to having guests this week and then I will be headed to Reims, France on Saturday for some champagne drinking. We lead such sad lives these days.

In front of Pyramide de Louvre
Inside Pyramide de Louvre
Inside  Louvre looking outside (not supposed to take pics inside)
Notre Dame Cathedral 


Last stop: Eiffel Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment