12.30.2010

Cali-forn-ya

If you read my last post you will know that I have been in California for the last week and in case you were concerned I have the post vacay blues that began with a meltdown this morning because I couldn't find any tooth paste.Yes, I live with a dentist and yes he is so glad to have me back in town.

My brother and sister-in-law live in Costa Mesa, CA which just happens to be a stones throw from Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, and Laguna Beach.  With those beaches comes beautiful weather, tons of outdoor activity and multiple thoughts of "why do I live in Missouri again". Then they will tell you how much their mortgage is and its an instant buzz kill, but only until the next day and you visit another beach and all the thoughts come back. Now I know why people live there, despite the outrageous cost of living.

Here are a few pics from our Christmas dinner at Lagnua Beach.  We grilled out with the intention of watching the sunset but it got cloudy and eventually rained that night.  Either way it was beautiful!

Laguna Beach
Family Pic
Can you say Christmas card?
Me and the bearded men
Mo-Randa and I

So many more pics to come.  Since I had about 12 hours to think yesterday while my flights got delayed, I came up with a few things I learned in Cali....
  • Avocados grow on trees
  • There is more than one way to spell Miranda. Moranda. 
  • I LOVE surfing.  
  • Some of the friendliest people live in Orange County
  • I saw more American Apparel stores than I did Starbucks
  • Wilson's Creek Almond Champagne is wonderful, and can be purchased anywhere- thank goodness.
  • At noon on Christmas Eve a ba-jillion Santa Clauses on Harley Davidsons drive through Huntington Beach, it helped it feel like Christmas
  • $8 beers taste the same as the $3 beers in Missouri
  • I could be a vegetarian in Cali no problem
  • My sis-in-law Miranda (Mo-Randa) looks adorable in skinny jeans
  • Christmas breakfast tasted the same in Cali
  • Fashion Island is as wonderful as it sounds
  • Sprinkles Cupcakes are worth the calories
More to come, I've got to get ready for a weekend at the lake living the good life and bringing in 2011, Happy New Year everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment