10.13.2010

chilean miners being rescued!

This morning I had a few extra minutes before I left for work (which is funny because I was a few minutes late to work) and caught the rescue of one of 33 Chilean miners that have been stuck in a gold and copper mine for 63 days.  I am very aware it doesn't take much for me, but I instantly choked up and couldn't stop watching! I have been following the story periodically and intrigued with how they are surviving, how they were going to get rescued, etc.  I am just so thankful that is actually happening and praying that it continues to go well for the rest of the miners. Last I checked, 12 had been rescued and they were being pulled out about 1 an hour like expected.  The link is to an article I read Sunday that tells a lot about what the miners can expect as they are rescued but also what life will be like once everything calms down.  Interesting if you ask me :)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-10-10-chile-mine-collapse_N.htm

2 comments:

  1. I totally cried on the treadmill this morning as I watched!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only one! See you in a few hours, love our dinner dates :)

    ReplyDelete