1.28.2011

i can't belive it's back

A perfect example of fashion cycles, styles from Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead are coming back. I knew I had seen the La Nouvelles dress before and I found it! I kind of love both of them! Now for the hat, I am not even going to look in hopes that never comes back.

http://www.thefancarpet.com/uploaded_assets/images/gallery/1297/Dont_Tell_Mom_the_Babysitters_Dead_15630_Medium.jpg
Christina Applegate- Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead- 1991


http://www.shoplesnouvelles.com/solo2/images/products/2010/11/10/626/m-wren-julia-open-back-dress.jpg
Le Nouvelles Julia Open Back Dress- 2011
I do LOVE this movie so I also included the best part, the fashion show in SueEllen's parents back yard. 



A few other movies from this genre that I remember loving Teen Witch (1989), Baby Boomers (1987), Lady Bugs (1992). I can't believe how young I was!  By the time I was born, I think my parents were over trying to regulate what we watched.

Have a good weekend everyone!  My intention was to do a Champagne Friday today but I saw this dress an the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment