2.04.2011

snowmageddon

Well, I am officially OVER winter. Every year about this time I get into a sluggish funk because I am cooped up inside and miss warm weather.  I can only put on so much bronzer in hopes of a golden tan!  Our street may be the last one in the city to be cleared, as in they haven't yet.  The Civic and the Scion hold their own but 12 inches of snow definitely won.  Luckily, Sol Cantina is within walking distance which is what we did for dinner Wednesday night because we couldn't eat any more chili and were sick of battling for the TV remote between the Duke basketball game and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion.  We also cleaned our place up and down on Wednesday which felt pretty awesome.  I have learned that when Rob starts cleaning, he can't stop until its done and prefect.  So, when these opportunities come I take full advantage and offer to do the laundry while he takes a toothbrush to the bathroom floor, ok not really but I wouldn't be that surprised. 

I knew 2011 would be a big year, but it is hard to imagine how much we will be cramming into this spring/summer alone...Rob's formal, Rob's graduation, 4 weddings and festivities that come with them, engagement photos, etc.  So if you want to hang out April, May and June are booked, sorry. I am definitely  ready to get into colorful spring dresses and open toed shoes.

To humor myself, I shop online.  Its the only kind of window shopping I am good at because I always tell myself if I like something enough to go to the store and get it (so I won't have to pay shipping), then that rarely actually happens. But if I actually go shopping, I don't come back empty handed, never have and probably never will.  Bad habit, really bad habit but there is no sense in fighting it, right?  Champagne Friday was definitely developed because of my online "looking" habits.  My taste has always been outside of my means but there is something about sharing it with everyone else that is also gratifying, kind of like "I found it first even if you can actually afford to buy it".  Lately though, I haven't seen anything worth posting. I think it brings me back to the sluggish time of year where everything is beige, gray, and black...which is pretty much how I feel.  Side note, I am wearing a gray hoodie, black t-shit, and beige converse today...point proven.

So no Champagne Friday this week.  But I promise when I find something worthy, you will be the first to see it.

Joshua Radin is getting me through the day with this song, he is wonderful. Title: Only You, originally done by Yazoo...so very 80's.


 Happy Friday, no major weekend plans here and I kind of like it that way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment