11.08.2010

celebrate

This weekend I decided to celebrate:
  • Friday I celebrated the end of a long week with happy hour and dinner among scrub-wearing dental students putting off one more day of studying for their next board test
  • Saturday Rob and I got up at 7 to celebrate lung cancer research by running the Lung Hill Run in the park near our apartment.  All proceeds from the run went to the LUNGevity Foundation, they raise money for lung cancer research focusing on early detection and successful treatments.
We ran for the cause, not for time
  • Today Burns and I celebrated...eh...just being friends and the amazing KC weather by meeting at the Classic Cup for lunch and a little shopping on the plaza
  • Tomorrow would have been my mom's 60th birthday! Rob, my dad and I celebrated by making her brisket recipe and watching the chiefs game (unfortunately we didn't get to celebrate a victory).  I still have a ways to go before I perfect her recipes but I am having fun trying! 

    1 comment:

    1. Happy birthday Laurie!!!! I was just thinking about her trail mix the other day.... Mmmmmmmm

      ReplyDelete